Articles & Resources
Information to put you in the know!
Here are curated articles full of useful intel about production and clearance. All links open in a new tab or window.
- Sundance 2023 Film Festival Awards Winners List
- The Public Domain Review
- List of works that entered the public domain in 2023
- Public domain in the United States
- Sundance Film Festival 2023 Lineup
- 2023 Film Independent Spirit Awards Nominees
- A Guide to the Unions and Guilds in the Entertainment Industry
- Dwayne Johnson vows to stop using real guns in film projects after ‘Rust’ tragedy
- Hollywood Ignored a Safe, Realistic Alternative to Guns Long Before the ‘Rust’ Tragedy
- Worldwide COVID-19 Film Production Guidelines / American Film Market
- 20 Life-Saving Tips for Indie Filmmaking from the Co-Founder of Slamdance
- Understanding the 5 stages of Indie Film Production (Indie Film Hustle)
- Attention, Filmmakers: Here’s What You Need To Know About Malpractice Insurance (IndieWire)
- Legally Speaking, It Depends – Clearances (Script Mag)
- Cinema Law: What You Should Know About Using Other Peoples’ Quotes In Your Film (MovieMaker)
- Errors & Omissions & Rights, Oh My! A Guide to Protecting Your Film (International Documentary Association)
- Clearances (Line Producing)
- Managing Content in the Frame: Script Clearance, Background Copyrights and Third-Party Ownership Rights (Gallagher, Callahan & Gartrell)
If emailing your script, send it as an attachment in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format. If your script is in another format, please call for instructions.